Mt Rinjani 2 Day / 1 night Summit Trek
- Standard Booking $199
This is our standard list price for individuals wanting to join one of our awesome Mt RInjani group treks! If you book as a couple we can also run this as a private trek for you both.
- Group Booking (4-8 PAX) $180
For group bookings of 4-8 PAX we can offer a 10% discount off our standard list price.
- Group Booking (8+ PAX) $170
For group bookings of over 8 PAX we can offer a 15% discount off our standard list price.
- Private Trek (1 PAX) $370
If for some reason we do not have a group leaving on a specific date and you want to climb privately with guide and porters, we can offer private trekking.
The Mt Rinjani 2-day / 1-night Summit package is the perfect choice for travelers wanting to climb Lombok’s famous peak in a minimal amount of time. Why not add Mt Rinjani summit to your bucket list?
The two-day one-night Mt Rinjani trekking package starts in Sembalun village, East Lombok. On day one, you will hike up to Plawangan Sembalun, a gorgeous crater rim campsite with views of Danau Segara Anak and the active volcanic cone, Mt Barujari. On day two, you’ll wake up early at 2 a.m. to eat a light breakfast before embarking on your journey to the top of Mount Rinjani. Once you reach the 12,224 ft / 3726m summit, you will have time to enjoy the sunrise before returning to the Sembalun Crater Rim campsite for another meal. Afterward, you’ll descend safely down the mountain back to Sembalun Village where you started.
2 Days / 1 Night Itinerary
Mt Rinjani Trekking Information
Day 1: Approx 7 hours walking, 1700 vertical meters ascent
- You will be collected by our driver at accommodation on North Lombok (or elsewhere if pre-arranged). Some customers come to Senaru the day before to explore the local waterfalls and beautiful rice terraces.
- You will have breakfast and a briefing at the office of Rinjani Dawn Adventures, our trekking partner.
- You will be issued with equipment, such as trekking poles, rain jackets and gloves. Please refer to our Rinjani Guide and FAQ’s for more information about what to bring, and what you can borrow.
- After the breakfast and briefing you will travel from the RDA office in Senaru to the start of the trail in Sembalun village, East Lombok. The journey takes around an hour and a quarter.
- You will start your trek in Sembalun, at an elevation of approximately 970m AMSL (above mean sea level).
- You will trek for approximately two hours to Pos.1 “Pemantuan”, 1300m AMSL, where you will have a break.
- You will trek for approximately one hour to Pos.2 “Tengengean”, 1500m AMSL, where you will have another break.
- You will trek for another hour, before arriving at Pos.3 “Pada Balong”, 1800m AMSL, where you will have a one hour lunch break.
- After lunch you will commence the uphill climb to Sembalun Crater Rim, or “Plawangan Sembalun”. This three hour walk is quite steep and arduous, but there will be frequent rest breaks for hydration and snacks.
- When you arrive at Sembalun Crater Rim (2780m AMSL) the porters and guide will set up camp and start preparing food for dinner. You will be free to relax, explore the ridgeline, and take pictures. You will have dinner as the sun sets above the clouds. At night the heavens open up, offering amazing opportunities for star gazing! But we recommend you get an early night, as the next day is going to be big!
- You will be sleeping in tents sharing with one other person (not mixed, unless you know the person). You will be provided a sleeping mat, pillow, sleeping bag and fresh sleeping bag liner.
Day 2: Approx 10 hours walking, 1050 vertical meters ascent, 2750m descent
- You will be woken by your guide in the early morning (usually around 2am).
- You will be offered a light breakfast and hot drink.
- When you are ready and the guide has briefed you, you will depart the Sembalun Crater Rim campsite, and commence your trek to the summit of Mount Rinjani.
- The trek to the summit is arduous. It is steep, and the terrain is soft underfoot – much like climbing a sand dune made of coarse gravel and small rocks. Unless there is a full moon, it will be dark and you will need to use a head torch.
- You will climb to the summit as a group, staying with your guide at all times. You may stop for rests along the way, and to have a hot drink from a thermos.
- It takes between three and four hours to reach the summit. We aim to have our groups on the summit in time to see the sunrise, but whether this is possible will depend on individual and group fitness levels. Safety is our number one concern.
- When you reach the summit your guide will share some snacks and prepare a hot drink. It is important to stay warm, as it is exposed to the elements. You will have enough time on the summit to enjoy the sunrise and take photos of the magnificent landscape.
- After you have enjoyed the immense sense of achievement of reaching the summit of one of Indonesia’s highest and most beautiful mountains, you will start the descent back down the mountain towards the Sembalun Crater Rim campsite. It usually only takes an hour to get back down, but again, it depends on fitness levels and physical conditioning.
- When back at the campsite you will have a second breakfast, before starting the walk off the mountain.
- You will descend down, resting at points for snacks and to hydrate. This will include a one hour lunch stop.
- Transport will be waiting for you in Sembalun village, to take you back to the Rinjani Dawn Adventures office in Senaru, where you can collect any belongings you have left with them.
- After you have said your farewells to your guide and new friends, a driver will take you to your hotel or harbor (if going to the Gili Islands).
- You’ll now most probably want to sip a cool beer and relax – well done, you’ve earned it!
Award Winning Guides
Our partners are award winning guides and incredible individuals who care about the environment and community.
We believe in minimal impact tourism that benefits the environment and local community. This is at the core of our business.
We can offer discounts for large groups. We have organized tours for schools and clubs in the past. Please contact us for a quote.
We are available to talk via WhatsApp and Messenger most of the time. Bookings are easier to manage via email, however.