- Standard Booking (1/2 Day) $65
Based on half a day's surfing with private tuition, leaving in the morning. Includes transport from Kuta Lombok area, surfboard & rash vest hire, boat to reef (if surfing Gerupuk Bay), water and fruit, and coffee / brunch following lesson. Also includes some surf photography / video feedback on technique etc.
- 2 Session Day (Full Day) $99
Same as above, but with afternoon or sunset session included. You will surf the morning session, have feedback with your instructor over brunch, get dropped back at your accommodation, and get picked-up later for the second session.
- Video Analysis & Surf Photography $0
Included in the price is video analysis of your technique and some photos for your Instagram!
- Custom Lost on Lombok Rash Vest $30
You can borrow a rash vest for free, but if you'd like to buy one from us, we sell them for $30.
- Custom Lost on Lombok T-Shirt $18
If you'd like to buy one of our awesome Lost on Lombok T-shirts, please let us know in advance as the sell-out quick!
After Mt Rinjani trekking, surfing is one of the most popular activities to do on Lombok. There are occasional waves on The Gili Islands and off Sengiggi, but most of the surfing on Lombok happens down South, near Kuta. Unlike many of the other islands in Indonesia, Lombok is a year-round surfing destination. That said, the biggest waves come April-October, when the SSW and WSW swells and ESE trade winds land on the Lombok shores. Surfing Lombok is something that should be on every adventurous traveler’s bucket list!
The South Coast of Lombok offers a bounty of waves, for beginners to advanced. Most are reef breaks, often requiring a short boat trip to get to the line-up. But there are some mellow beach breaks which can be accessed more easily. What’s working on any particular day will depend on the wind and swell, and other local conditions. Having a private instructor / local guide can really add to the experience of surfing in Lombok, as you get the local knowledge, and someone to look after you incase a big set catches you off guard. We know the best, and have put together some awesome packages to make surfing Lombok easy and fun.
Single or Multi-Day Surf Instructor / Surf Guide
Surfing Lombok Information
Surfing Lombok - 1/2 Day or Full Day trip
- It will depend on the tide, but you’ll likely be collected from your accommodation early (before sunrise).
- You’ll head to one of many potential surf-breaks, depending on the wind and tidal conditions. We mostly operate out of Gerupuk Bay, as it has multiple surf breaks suitable for all levels.
- Your guide will have grabbed you a board, which will have been waxed already. The choice of board will have been discussed the day before, and will have taken into account your level of experience, height, and weight. Beginners typically find it easier to surf on longer boards or Mini-Mal’s.
- If surfing one of the breaks in Gerupuk Bay (a favorite spot of ours) you’ll hop on a small boat and get taken to the reef. This usually takes 10 minutes – it’s not too far.
- Your guide will explain how the break works, and point out any other useful tips.
- You’ll hop in the water, and your lesson will begin. Your guide will be with you throughout the session, giving instruction and feedback about your surfing. He may even help you catch your first wave, by giving you a little boost.
- How long you stay in the water will depend on you and your instructor, but it’s usually around 2-3 hours.
- You can take a break on the boat at any time, re-hydrating with fresh bottled water.
- At the end of the session you’ll head back to shore where you’ll be able to take a fresh water shower (which might involve a hose).
- You’ll be able to grab a breakfast at one of our favourite cafe’s – a nice fresh cup of coffee, smoothie, or something to your liking.
- Over breakfast / brunch, you’ll be able to watch the video of you surfing, and discuss areas for improvement.
- After breakfast your guide and driver will take you back to your accommodation to relax. If you’d like to sign up to an afternoon / evening session, we will give you a discount and you can go again!
- Surfing is one of the best ways to connect with the ocean, and offers a unique perspective of Lombok. We will try to match you with the best guide for your experience level and competence. It’s time to start surfing Lombok!
Lost on Lombok Merch
Lombok T-Shirts & Souvenirs
Above are some of our custom rash vests and T-shirts. Our T-shirts are high quality 100% cotton and the rash vests are durable Vita Carvico (78% re-cycled nylon, 22% lycra). We are working with designers to expand our merch store, so stay tuned for some awesome surf and beachware in 2023!
Award Winning Guides
Our partners are award winning guides and incredible individuals who care about the environment and community.
We believe in minimal impact tourism that benefits the environment and local community. This is at the core of our business.
We can offer discounts for groups over four people. We have organized tours for schools and clubs in the past.
We are available to talk via WhatsApp and Messenger most of the time. Bookings are easier to manage via email, however.